Wednesday, October 13th, 2021
Fleming Ambulance responded to a residence on Justin Drive for a female experiencing heart problems and abdominal pains.
Fleming Ambulance responded to the VA Clinic on East Genesee Street in the City of Auburn for a car versus pedestrian MVA.
Fleming EMS responded to a residence on Hazlehurst Ave in Owasco for a male that has fainted but is conscious now.
Saturday, October 9th, 2021
Fleming Ambulance responded mutual aid to the intersection of Seminary and Arterial West in the City of Auburn for a 2 car MVA.
A delay in COVID-19 test results is being reported by the The Cayuga County Health Department.Both employees of the health department and contact tracers work 7 days a week, but without the results in...
Winter is coming sooner than expected for the northeast. October has been spent with lots of sunshine and temperatures ‘above normal’ for a vast majority of the northeast. Next month that ...
Wednesday, October 13th, 2021
The air cools a little the rest of the week, but it remains very mild and not October like through the start of the weekend.WEDNESDAY:A weak cold front slides through with more clouds than not and a f...
GRANBY, N.Y. — Multiple fire departments have responded to an early-morning house fire in Granby.Crews from around 10 different departments were dispatched to the scene, according to the Chief o...
Amanda’s Law

On February 10, 2010 Amanda’s Law went into effect in New York State to help protect you and your family from the deadly effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Amanda’s law is named for Amanda Hansen, 16, of West Seneca, who died of carbon monoxide poisoning while at a sleepover at a friend’s home. Officials later determined she had been exposed to lethal levels of carbon monoxide from a defective boiler in the home's basement, where she and her friend were having a sleepover.

The new law requires the following: Carbon Monoxide alarms must be installed in all new and existing one and two family dwellings and multifamily dwellings that have fuel burning appliances

  • Property owners with homes built before 2008 must have at least one functioning carbon monoxide detector on the lowest level of the residence that has a bedroom.
  • A detector must be installed on every level of a dwelling that has a bedroom.
  • When replacing a hot water tank, furnace, fire place or any other device that emits carbon monoxide, the homeowner must install a carbon monoxide detector if one is not already present.

© 2021 Fleming Fire Department #1